Become a Coach/Volunteer
The success of the team is largely due to volunteer support by
parents and coaches.
NICA requires a ratio of one parent rider/coach to six kids. Therefore, it is imperative that we have parents/coaches who can volunteer to ride with students to ensure the success of the team.
Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in riding as a volunteer/coach with the kids. We need parents/coaches with different riding abilities who can ride with our beginner students or expert kids.
Students only need a functioning mountain bike, helmet, spare tube and pump to participate. Transportation to practice and races is not provided by the team.
If you are not a parent of a team rider and would like to become a coach for our team, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back with you.
New coaches please check out this link to determine where you are (i.e....new coaches are level 1) and what requirements you need to be insured and ride with the team
Steps to become a certified Mineral City Shredders Ride Leader/Coach....
1.If you haven't been invited as a coach please email us @ email@example.com so we can send an invite
2. Once you receive email invite Go to northcarolinamtb.org and go to the Pitzone icon at top to login in or set up an account
3. Once in Pitzone you should be prompted to fill out some basic info and pay your $25 coaching fee
4. Next make sure you background check is up to date. Look in pitzone under coach profile and see if you have a check next to the background check icon. You should be prompted in the pitzone to start the background process by clicking a link. Initial first time screening is $38 This process takes 1-2 weeks so please start ASAP
5. Next complete the concussion training (free). This needs to be done every year. Go to https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61064/concussion-in-sports
You will need to register a new NFHS account or sign into your existing through NFHS Then select NC concussion training. Take the online 15 min tutorial and take a screen shot of your test results at end. Once completed upload your screen shot into the pitzone under your coach profile.
6. Next complete the risk assessment training 1 (free and required every year). If you are level 2 you will need to do risk management 1 and 2. After watching the 20 min youtube select the link to take your test. Take a screenshot of your test results and upload into the pitzone under coach profile. Links to Youtubes and Risk management Tests are found here https://www.nationalmtb.org/coaches-license-program/
5. Once done with steps 1-4 sign back into pitzone then under coach profile check to see that you are cleared to coach.